Thursday 10 August 2017

The last word - #LYA2017 #LYA17

I think these are the last postcards from "Liberate Your Art" 2016 postcard swap. I could hardly believe my eyes when I went to the mailbox and there was a postcard with birthday greeting from one of my postcard swap buddies, Christine. Hers is the lovely sunset, to which the US postal system has added some deconstructed abstract effects. There is a little note of explanation from the postmistress that it was filed in the wrong postbox, which explains the tardiness. Thanks Christine.

I have to admit that the other one arrived about a month ago and went into my action file tray, where it became buried under my workload. Amy Irwin is a friend from last years' swap. She is a collage artist and I quote "This piece is acrylics on foil and paper towelling with text and letter bits, paper purple bits, fiber and machine sewing." Phew! Amy had intended joining the swap in 2017, but she had printer problems, so I was very fortunate to exchange with her outside the regular swap.


For those new readers that don't have a clue what I'm talking about, I take part in an artistic postcard swap every year organized by Kat Sloma. It takes place in March. You dont have to consider yourself an artist to join in. Check out the details here.

And my post from the 2017 blog hop
https://paintamasterpiece.blogspot.ca/2017/04/kat-sloma-liberate-your-art-postcard.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your views and connect on a personal level so feel free to say hi.

All work by Sea Dean protected by International Copyright - No printing, copying, electronic transfer or any form of duplication allowed without written permission from the Artist.