Saturday 13 January 2018

Making art anywhere


Last night I was parked in a lot waiting for a message to say the people I had dropped at the airport were on their way. I had decided not to brave the road three times if their plane couldn’t take off due to the storms. That’s what it’s like living in the north in the winter, at the whim of weather: Life takes on a slower more flexible pace.



While I was waiting, I listened to a very interesting talk on indigenous people, did some shopping, wrote many messages, then used my trusty iPad to capture the scene. How lucky we are to have access to technology. Old masters had to sit on their horse or buggy in the elements to sketch, with only watercolors to add color. I can just snap images to inspire and I take plenty of advantage to do so.

Hard to see here, but the background was an amazing midnight blue against the white snow. Stunning! Will give this a go when I get back into the studio.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your views and connect on a personal level so feel free to say hi.

All work by Sea Dean protected by International Copyright - No printing, copying, electronic transfer or any form of duplication allowed without written permission from the Artist.