Tuesday 8 May 2018

Opus Outdoor Painting Challenge #OPUSOPC


This weekend I set aside Sunday to take part in the Opus Outdoor Painting Challenge. I think this is the third or fourth time I’ve taken part, but this year they gave away the prizes in a draw rather than having a judged competition. With the pressure off I enjoyed it far more.




I wasnt sure what I was going to paint. I got there early and wandered around looking for inspiration. I walked along the lake and through Kasogi Gardens which was already packed with plein air artists. At the entrance to the gardens I had paused beside a beautiful display of tulips and that called me back to sit in the shade and enjoy a peaceful couple of hours.


My name wasnt drawn, which is sad because many fabulous artist quality prizes went to little kids that wouldnt understand how to use them. I was coveting a light box. Oh well, theres always next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your views and connect on a personal level so feel free to say hi.

All work by Sea Dean protected by International Copyright - No printing, copying, electronic transfer or any form of duplication allowed without written permission from the Artist.